Re: What do people use Java for?

Author:Kevin Stewart
Posted:2/23/1999; 11:02:48 AM
Topic:What do people use Java for?

I am a technical director (programmer who happens to manage) for a new media firm in New York. We have developed several sites using Java servlets. One dynamically publishes content from Oracle according to a user's profile. Another is an XML based bulletin board system. These systems have been running for months with a fair amount of traffic. We have not had to restart the web server and/or the servlet engine because of memory leaks. However, as with any programming language, your design will play a major role in the performance of your system. Even an ASP based site can run well with little down time. :-)

Kevin