Re: Windows Update files

Author:Dino Morelli
Posted:2/23/1999; 1:19:49 PM
Topic:IE5 Beta Missing?

I had pulled stuff directly out of WindowsTemporary Internet Files when I did some updating a few weeks ago. cab and exe files.

This kinda gave me the creeps because that folder is basically your cache and will eventually be purged or cleaned up.

But I had no idea that a site was put up where you could explicitly download the installers. This makes a huge difference in the situation.

But unfortunately doesn't address the original IE5 issue.