Re: News protocols (was Scripting 2 on my.netscape!)

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:2/25/1999; 1:40:14 PM
Topic:Scripting 2 on my.netscape!

Well, an nntp server has been on my "sort of want to try" list for some time.

Every time I look at the discussion group, I think how much faster it is for me to scan the usenet groups that to read either the userland discussion group or slashdot.

NNTP was a cool system. Distributed fault tolerant networking. Unfortunately, authentication never was one of its strong points.

eric