Re: Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:2/27/1999; 10:49:27 AM
Topic:Technography, Knowledge Management and Frontier

I think I'm finally figuring out why there's all this disconnecting here. Bernie isn't talking about using the outliner as a storage tool that's working behind the scenes with a "boxes and arrows" type drawing as the front-end, he's talking about the outliner as the visual interface, it's the thing that other people are seeing and interacting with thru verbal commands to the technographer.

If you've never used an outliner in a group planning/problem solving context then trust me..

YOU DON'T GET IT

We've seen all the video conferencing and "Magic Whiteboard" apps out there and..

NONE OF THEM WORK

You may save a little airfare or get a sense of belonging to the New Economy, but your meetings won't leap into the next level. Save us all some time and go experience it. I'm tired of hearing about Magic Whiteboards. If they don't do expand/collapse and support easy understandable reorganization, then they are worthless in this context. Thanks for listening.