Re: How to debug?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/1/1999; 10:35:47 AM
Topic:How to debug?

Interesting. That semaphore was a very recent addition. For right now, you can cure the problem by quitting and relaunching Frontier which releases all semaphores. I bet you have a macro error in the page ==> macro errors are logged to the log guest db.

BTW, the best way to debug a mainResponder request is to open mainResponder.respond and click on the Run button. A dialog will open asking for the URL. Paste it in. Then when the script errors, you'll get a standard Error Info window and if you click on the Go To button you'll get a call stack so you can quickly find out where the error is. I use this all the time, saves a lot of head-scratching on where things went wrong.

This is really exciting that people are starting to ask deep questions about mainResponder. I look forward to learning *a lot* from you guys!