Re: Welcome to the world I've been fighting with for 5 years

Author:Marc Canter
Posted:3/4/1999; 6:41:31 PM
Topic:Snappy!

Cool - let me ask you a few pointed questions, if I could.

There's the connection from the cable headend to your home and then there's the conection of the web to the headend.

I'm interested in:

- can you tell what's coming from where? We know these folks use extensive caching technology, I'm especially interested in "are they caching just popular web sites, or video/audio as well?"

- has MP3 changed any of this?

- have you ever experienced MPEG-1 video - full screen, full motion (30 fps) video through your system?

- what satnds out as being blisterly fast - versus just faster?

- is there any 'custom' content your provider provides?

- is there a 'broadband' portal that comes along with your service?

Thanks!

Marc