Re: Outliners, Open Source, and common interfaces

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:3/5/1999; 8:04:24 AM
Topic:Frontier and PIM's

More power to you!

I have the same thing, but not running on as many different desktops as you. Any time I want my text environment to work differently all I have to do is write a script behind a menu command. Both tools are real outliners, not the kind that are hidden in word processors.

You know, before we launched Frontier 1.0 I thought we'd encounter a lot of resistence from people because we force them to use an outliner to edit scripts, but there's never been a single complaint in all these years. Basically everyone who likes Frontier likes outlines, and a lot of them have gone on to become C developers. So there's hope.

Dave