Re: PC Mag first look at the HP Jornada

Author:David Theige

I recently had a chance to try the Sharp Mobilon Tripad (reviewed in the same issue) for a weekend.

http://www.zdnet.com/pcmag/firstlooks/9811/f981106a4.html

My pre-disposition was to consider this nothing more than an overgrown, clunky Palm-wannabe. After using it for a weekend, I am a convert. I want one! This is not a replacement for my Palm III, but definitely is a replacement for my laptop. Instant on is a key feature for me. I loved being able to flip it open and immediately start writing a note to myself. Hand writing recognition makes this a viable note-taking device in my work as a physician. It's got a built-in modem and the pocket IE and mail apps. If we get "webwide applications" this may be enough...

Oh, another thing. The model I had came with an IR port. I didn't get to try it out though.