Re: Frontier can Hoist

Author:Lea Park
Posted:3/7/1999; 11:34:54 PM
Topic:ADSL

I was first drawn to Frontier because of the outlining. I’m not a programmer, yet learned enough to use its outline-and-render feature to put notes up on the web. Now I’m writing a paper, trying to think something through with a friend in another state. How wonderful, I thought, if he could view my outline on the web and review it as I do, collapsing and expanding it at will.

Is this possible? I’m not talking about a full-fledged real-time meeting here, just the first step- using a browser to collapse and expand an outline that someone else has posted.

I think using outlines in real-time meetings is a great idea, but that the ability to dynamically review uneditable outlines is also a powerful experience. Expanding and collapsing reveals the topology of the thought or argument being presented. (The simplicity of that "simple" action is as amazing to me as its power.)