Re: Linux and winning

Author:Oliver Wrede

I am confused.

I don't know if I really miss something fundamental about Frontier (and if so, I would suggest to rethink the marketing for Frontier!), or if there is just misunderstanding of my problem.

I used UserTalk to build a system. I wouldn't use Frontier, if I'd want work with Perl! The whole Frontier stuff is based on UserTalk (the responders, the templates the suites I'd use and all this). UserTalk is currently parsed and executed only by Frontier itself.

I understand, that I can make calls to other script languages (and applications) if they provide an XML-RPC interface - but this is acutally only a fancy thing if you are going to use other script languages. I really don't want to use more script languages than absolutly necessary! That will increase the complexity of projects and the amount of skills (and people) needed to complete them.

Oliver