Re: Linux and winning

Author:Oliver Wrede

Did you have a look StarOffice for Linux? The personal edition is free! I do not use it yet, but the feature list shows a huge amount of import/export filters (as well as Word97 documents):

"StarOffice 5.0 especially facilitates a problem-free switch for Microsoft Office users. The compatibility with other desktop applications is also guaranteed by the high-performance conversion filters."

StarOffice is available for Windows and MacOS as well (but I think the MacOS version still needs some tweaking).

But referring to your SQL7/Exchange problems:

I totally agree with anyone, who is claiming, that this OS dependency is not what customers want (as Mr. Gates always is argumenting for Microsofts primary strategy for maintaining quality).

And that is exactly what I called dealing with OS issues, while you actually wanted to deal with application issues in an earlier message.

Oliver