Slashdot ultramode

Author:Jorn Barger
Posted:3/14/1999; 1:48:36 PM
Topic:Weblogs.com

I just noticed the Slashdot format doesn't include the offsite links at all!

19 out of 20 of their items have an external story link, and *that* should be the story that's indexed. The url in the ultramode is to their own discussion-page... which I almost never read.

The 20th time, they do offer someone's longer piece, with no external url-- usually Jon Katz. So can the jit-se distinguish the two types?