Re: Netscape's legal agreement

Author:Eric Kidd
Posted:3/16/1999; 9:29:28 AM
Topic:Re> Netscape's legal agreement

Think about how zealous the open source guys are about legal agreements about source code. Well, I'm just as zealous about legal restrictions on what I can and can't say. The whole reason Scripting News is good is that I can say whatever I want in whatever way I want, within bounds that I think I understand, and no one can tell me otherwise.

Hear, hear. Restrictions on free speech are not good.

You made a fair offer--termination at will and indemnification should have satisfied their lawyers. They could then write up a policy explaining why they terminate newsfeeds, and give you a copy. Then, if you did something they didn't like, they could stop syndicating you, and that would be it.