Re: Netscape's Channels

Author:cameron@camworld.com
Posted:3/16/1999; 4:03:57 PM
Topic:Netscape's Channels

Hey Robert:

Your syntax looks fine. I'm guessing there are some issues to resolve on Netscape's end.

Things to consider:

Make sure your file(s) have world-readable access enabled. Netscape's RSS server needs to be able to read this entire file and index it on their server.

Make sure you use compatible URLs. Netscape has a clearly defined set of rules to follow.

I've noticed that if Netscape's server tries to read a file and can't it will not index it. I found this out when I their server tried to read my RSS file at the same time I was writing to it via FTP.

An issue I'd like to see resolved is one of multiple URLs for a single "entry." Both Netscape's system and Scripting News DTD do not support multiple URLs for one entry. At least I didn't see any examples of this.

Cameron Barrett

http://www.camworld.com