Re: Why Apple compare Apache on OS X with IIS on NT

Author:Wesley Felter
Posted:3/18/1999; 7:09:11 PM
Topic:Why Apple compare Apache on OS X with IIS on NT

Essentially, Apple's benchmark shows the fastest Apache system inder $5000. But that's not the comparison I would be interested in. How about the fastest Web server under $5000, period? That seems like a more relevant benchmark to me.

Some people have investments in Apache's API or in the knowledge it takes to configure it, but I don't. So I don't really care what Web server a system comes with as long as it's fast and reliable.