Re: Newton (scriptingNews outline for 3/26)/99

Author:James Spahr

MacWEEK: Love for Newton Lingers. "This is a Newton," the recent Stanford graduate whispers, raising the machine as if he's offering it up to a higher power. "We are rabid fans."

Gah! reading articles like this reminds me how utterly beautiful the Newton OS UI is. It pains me to think that I sold my Newton 130 and bought a Nino. (Windows CE's UI is pale in comparision to the Newton)

The Newton is (was) just too big, too slow for me - but one amazing piece of design. Still - I'd probably trade my Nino for a Newton 2000 in a heartbeat.

sigh....