Re: Newton (scriptingNews outline for 3/26)/99

Author:Nicholas Riley

I worked on some Newton/Frontier scripts to exchange outlines about a year ago. The rather insurmountable problem last time was that I had to find a good way to truncate the outlines to fit Frontier's limit on headline length.

Now I don't have to worry about that any more with Frontier 6's wrapping headlines. And someone came up with a solution last week to connect a Mac/Windows machine and the Newton via IrDA (infrared). Maybe something like this would work for the Pilot too? Or I could write a plugin for the Newton web server to serve outlines in a format (XML?) I can parse easily with Frontier. That might actually work better.

Right now I need to work on finishing up my last semester at school first! Sounds like an interesting project for this summer though.

--Nicholas