Re: Windows source code

Author:John Brewer

To the extent that I like Windows, I like it because it's a de facto standard. As a (sometime) Windows developer, I already have to worry about '95, '98 and NT. The last thing I need is to have N different vendors tinkering with the Windows source base. If I were forced into that situation by a Microsoft settlement, the only viable solution I can see would be to test and claim compatability only for Microsoft's flavor of Windows.