Re: jwz resigns

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:4/2/1999; 11:13:13 AM
Topic:jwz resigns

It would be great to get a clear statement from Netscape/AOL on what's going to happen with the browser. The rest of us, I think, have a clear interest in an alternative to Microsoft. I've had doubts about that being the Netscape browser for quite some time.

It's kind of like Hillary Clinton getting in the way of NY Democrats, until she decides one way or the other if she's serious about running for the Senate, no other candidate can gain enough support.

If AOL wants to be in the browser business now is the time to say in a clear decisive way that they do, or if they don't or are not sure, they should get out of the way and let the vaccuum be filled by other worthy candidates.