Re: jwz resigns

Author:Dino Morelli
Posted:4/2/1999; 8:16:59 PM
Topic:jwz resigns

The rest of us, I think, have a clear interest in an alternative to Microsoft.

I keep trying to speak up for these guys all the time: Opera Software http://www.operasoftware.com/

Their browser is fantastic! Sure, it costs money, but nothing extravagant ($30 or so). And it really works well. I'm very willing to pay for a good web browser. I spend a ton of my day in one.

One of the features I love most is that you have a ton of control over associating stuff with the mimetypes. One of the notable benefits of this is you can use the real Sun Java plugin without dorky applet tagging conversions.

Win32 version is very stable. Linux, Mac, and other versions are being worked on as we speak.