HTTP 1.0 501 Error

Author:Tom Fuerstner
Posted:4/18/1999; 9:46:52 AM
Topic:HTTP 1.0 501 Error

hi,

after having implemented frontier 6.0 on an WinNT - machine inside a local area network successfully it is not possible for me to set up a discussion group. the reason seams to be that i use an IP-address instead of a domain name. if that is right i am in big trouble because i can't assign a domain name to this machine. all the time i try to sign on to my frontier server all i get is a 501 error.i am convinced that this error is related to reading and setting cookies on the client-side. anybody out there who knows how to handle this problem ? help appreciated and thanx in advance.

by, tom fuerstner