Re: Processing Word as Input?

Author:Christopher Short
Posted:4/20/1999; 4:37:48 PM
Topic:Processing Word as Input?

Does anyone know where to find a good guide to (Windows) Word's scriptability?

Once your comfortable with the handful of programming concepts implement in VBA (of which VBscript is a subset), you only need to know the different object models for the apps to script them (sound familiar?)

MS have an online reference to the objects, plus some overview of the coding conepts at

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/officedev/office/web/toc/FULLTOC.htm

I had a quick explore of writing and calling VBscripts from within Frontier last week - really cool - I was able to get Frontier to send mail via the Exchange server - that pleased me! Now if I can figure out how to read email from the exchange server, that'll make a great little addition to Eric Soroos's mail thingmajiggy.

Christopher