frontier on linux

Author:Tom Fuerstner
Posted:4/24/1999; 4:58:11 AM
Topic:frontier on linux

hi,

i am convinced porting frontier to linux is an important thing. but at the same time i am convinced that frontier`s core odb- and xml-functionality would be a killer application for ubiquitous computing. We see now the big convergence of mobile phones and mobile computers in incredible big numbers - especially here in europe. i have always considered frontier as the ultimative intelligent and persistent datarepository. two things any small intelligent computing device needs. how cool would it be to have a small frontier runtime like the old 3.0 version with its 212k size implemented in java. So frontier's would be available on much more platforms than just unix,win and mac. I know that i am talking about a niche market product. but frontier with ist flexibility could much easier become the universal database of choice for small devices than any other product i know. and it would be so much more powerful.

by, tom