scriptingNews outline for 4/25/99

Author:Dave Winer

NY Times: Compaq at a Crossroad. "It's hard to kill a computer company," said Andrew J. Neff, an analyst at Bear, Stearns. "The right management can turn things around "Look at Apple. Look at IBM."

Red Herring: Quality doesn't matter for Internet IPOs.

News.com: Online trading ads under scrutiny.

How to index other sites using Frontier 6's search engine.

Why are people so excited about Ask Jeeves? I just asked it to find biographical information about Ben Rosen, their lead investor. It returned garbage. It even complained about my spelling of Rosen's name (I spelled it correctly.)

InfoWorld: Rosen Holds CEOs to High Standards.

In 1997 Rosen received an award from Columbia University. In his brief acceptance speech he outlined his career in the computer industry.

CNN: Windows Convergence Coming. "For those who want to know who Gates really sees as his competition, he revealed that Microsoft's top competitor is, well, Microsoft's installed base."

New channel: International Colored Appaloosa Association.

CNN: US-Russian relations at a 15-year low.

Chicago Tribune: Uprising Against Linux.