More Thoughts on Cocoon

Author:Josh Lucas

As I worked more with Cocoon yesterday, I figured I would give a better of overview of what Cocoon is, instead of trying to compare it to other things.

Basically, Coccon allows xml files to be served to the web with xsl styling. The server has any requests to.xml files mapped to the Cocoon servlet. This servlet will then use an xml parser and an xsl processor to return html back to the browser. The default parser is the OpenXML parser and the processor is XSLp. Support for others is coming.

josh