Thoughts on Cocoon

Author:Josh Lucas

I've spent most of my morning getting Coccon set up on one of my servers. I finally have it running though the process was more difficult than I would have expected.

Currently, Coccon does not support dynamically generated content as it doesn't have any way of persistently storing data or accessing data. The xml files being served as well as the xsl templates being used are actualy files and need to be located within the server.

There is no comparison between Cocoon and Frontier because of the lack of storage. Hooks could be created which would allow Cocoon to make xml-rpc calls to Frontier and have the content dynamically served.

That's my next project...

josh