Re: I do my part to help the Mac

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/2/1999; 7:08:15 AM
Topic:Linux' wide open spaces

Look, you said it nicely, thanks, but I don't buy off on what you say. Why do you care whether you're running Frontier on a Mac or NT or Unix? And if you're running it on Unix, but the box says Mac, are you still using a Mac? The idea of Apple not supporting the Mac APIs is where we draw the line. It's not such a crazy idea given the blind spots their management has. Be prepared to find replacements for *all* your software if that should happen (it isn't going to happen). I think you'd be crazy to go along with Apple on such a ride. I'm curious, and it's my birthday, so humor me. Why do you have such a strong allegiance to Apple?