Re: I do my part to help the Mac

Author:Stan Purington
Posted:5/2/1999; 7:54:16 AM
Topic:Linux' wide open spaces

Why do you have such a strong allegiance to Apple?

In my case I'm not sure that I have an allegiance to Apple (I bought 2 clones while they were available). It's more a case that I prefer using MacOS, and since Apple is the only company providing the OS, thats where I look to for improvements in the operating system.

I'm not sure why I don't like windows. There are certainly many things that I like about windows. I do know that I don't like the feel of the mouse. It just won't let me select what I want to, and I have trouble getting used to the windowing system.

At work I have the choice of using Frontier on Windows NT or on a Mac. In general, I do all my work on my mac and then just transfer it to the NT. I like to use the tools that I feel comfortable with and that I can be most productive with. At this time that is Frontier,BBEdit, Filemaker etc on the Mac. I'm really a fan of cross-platform software since if gives me the freedom to do the work on my platform of choice while at the same time keeping my boss and coworkers happy on their Windows machines.

Happy Birthday