Re: Americans are idiots

Author:Dave Winer

I guess I must be one of your idiots, though I think of myself the same way as you think of yourself. When you resort to calling people idiots, I think it demeans your arguments and lowers the level of the discussions taking place.

This is a perfect example of someone having a completely self-contained discussion. It's amazing to me how honest people are when they're doing this. He says "I guess I must be one of your idiots." If you keep guessing you'll never get closer to the truth. Try asking. Use the scientific method when dealing with people.

Now, pretending you were asking instead of telling me what I think, Clinton is a jerk, not the root of all evil. We, collectively, were idiots when we believed that an undermined president could effectively lead us. I never said Stan Purington is an idiot, so forget being insulted. It's not real. I never once thought of you as idiot. I put my right hand up and swear on Murphy's Law.