Re: HTML support in Mac OS?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/9/1999; 3:08:10 PM
Topic:HTML support in Mac OS?

It happens all the time, and that's why it's not worth the grief to step out into that one. The only place I'm willing to propose new protocols is where there is no platform vendor, as in XML-RPC and other XML-based stuff.

I don't blame you for having had the "sour grapes" barrier, so many people used it as an excuse to ignore what I was saying. I find this to be one of the most frustrating aspects of human nature, to find a reason to invalidate someone's point of view, but I find I do it too, so it is a flaw of the human mind, not just an individual mind.

The only thing to do when no one listens is to take a hike and redefine yourself. I still get the sour grapes thing from time to time, not from people who say they used to give it to me. I think they're lost in time, if ever there was an issue with Apple, it's totally over now. We don't need them to go forward, they aren't in our way anymore. If they want to be smart, great, we can benefit from that, if they want to be stupid, that's OK too.