Re: Doc is my mentor on this stuff

Author:Bill Humphries
Posted:5/9/1999; 3:08:06 PM
Topic:Check your pages in iCab...

These were good articles, thanks for the pointers. I recognize Searls from the "Cluetrain Manifesto" people. His point that ads have a net negative value should be taken into consideration by people who are using ads to help pay for site hosting.

Platform for Privacy Preferences will help with the negotation over ads and browsers discussed above -- but only if PEP's implemented on both sides.

One thing that PEP could do is make the trade-offs clear in people's minds. You accept my ad or cookie for the content -- but you have to tell me what you're doing with it. Will it drive people to demand micropayment systems?