Re: HTML support in Mac OS?

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/10/1999; 8:33:40 AM
Topic:HTML support in Mac OS?

Another secret about Apple in those days..

They were horrified by the web.

They saw it as a step backward. Erasing all that had been gained in GUIs. And they were right. But there's no point standing in the way of progress, even if it wants to take a step back and redo something you already have working.

It's funny (to me) that Apple taught me that so well, but failed to apply it to their own position. That's how it always works, btw. The teacher needs to learn the lesson. The better they teach the more they want to learn it.