Re: Installing RedHat 6.0

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/10/1999; 8:37:36 AM
Topic:Installing RedHat 6.0

Thanks for the help Eric. I haven't started the install yet. I have the books, and was pretty horrified to see that the Installing guide is *much* thicker than theh Using guide. I may opt for buying a new machine with Linux pre-installed.

I have an old machine, a 200Mhz Dell that currently is running NT Workstation. I plan to wipe the disk and turn it into a Linux-only machine. I want a web server that runs PHP and MySQL. I want to be able to XML-RPC pages to the server. Once I have that running I'll be able to deploy some interesting experimental sites.

For now I'm going to read the docs in my spare time, away from all the computers.