Archive of UserLand's first discussion group, started October 5, 1998.
Re: Installing RedHat 6.0
Author: Dave Winer Posted: 5/10/1999; 8:37:36 AM Topic: Installing RedHat 6.0 Msg #: 5928 (In response to 5924) Prev/Next: 5927 / 5929
Thanks for the help Eric. I haven't started the install yet. I have the books, and was pretty horrified to see that the Installing guide is *much* thicker than theh Using guide. I may opt for buying a new machine with Linux pre-installed.
I have an old machine, a 200Mhz Dell that currently is running NT Workstation. I plan to wipe the disk and turn it into a Linux-only machine. I want a web server that runs PHP and MySQL. I want to be able to XML-RPC pages to the server. Once I have that running I'll be able to deploy some interesting experimental sites.
For now I'm going to read the docs in my spare time, away from all the computers.
There are responses to this message:
- Re: Installing RedHat 6.0, Eric Kidd, 5/10/1999; 9:16:29 AM
- Re: Installing RedHat 6.0, Bruce Hoult, 5/10/1999; 10:04:47 AM
- Re: Installing RedHat 6.0, Luke Tymowski, 5/10/1999; 10:37:30 AM
- Re: Installing RedHat 6.0 (Just Do It!), Eric Soroos, 5/10/1999; 10:56:08 AM
- Re: Installing RedHat 6.0 - have fun!, Joe Mahoney, 5/10/1999; 3:43:06 PM
This page was archived on 6/13/2001; 4:49:58 PM.
© Copyright 1998-2001 UserLand Software, Inc.