Dreams or Teams

Author:John Brewer
Posted:5/10/1999; 11:34:22 AM
Topic:Dreams or Teams

It seems to me part of the reason Linux is so popular is that Linus is neither pimp nor whore. He just gives it away.

Also, Linus' programming skills seem secondary to his organizational skills. He got a huge group of programmers pulling in the roughly the same direction. I think most of us know just how hard that is to do. As you said, it's the team that wins.