Mail encoding from MTTF

Author:Keola Donaghy
Posted:5/12/1999; 10:41:01 AM
Topic:Mail encoding from MTTF

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to change the encoding of mail sent by MTTF (and Frontier in general, I guess) so that 8 bit characters are sent properly As it is right now if I use 8 bit chars they get turned into garbage when received by my FirstClass system.

I did an interesting test that gave me part of the answer. I sent email from Outlook Express that contained some of our 8-bit characters, and they were received correctly. Here are the content type and transfer encodings from the header:

When I sent a message without any 8 bit chars here are the same header fields:

I've looked at the TCP verbs, and though you can set mime type, I don't see if an how this encoding can be set. Ideas anyone?

mahalo!

Keola