Re: DG security Check

Author:Stan Purington
Posted:5/13/1999; 6:54:04 PM
Topic:DG security Check

The whole story is that lieu has a filemaker database that holds usernames, email, etc for users of a separate website (call it Site A). We only want to allow users who have been approved for access to site A to use the discussion group.

Can we add a #security script that only queries the FMPro database if the the user is submitting the discussion group sign up form? This would keep her from having to hack mainresponder scripts.

If you think that would work, what parameters would identify that the user is submitting the signup form? Is the pageTable available at the time the #security script is run? I remember reading something about it but have a little trouble finding it again.