Re: Portals Mail List

Author:Dori Smith
Posted:5/15/1999; 7:37:06 PM
Topic:Portals Mail List

If I had one wish for frontier, it would be somehow to incorporate javascript as another native scripting language (not just jscript via some kludgy method).

Get in line, Andrew. I've been wanting this since 1997. I was writing Frontier CGI's as my day job, writing a JavaScript book at night, and continuously wishing that there was a tool as good for JavaScript as what I had for CGI's (and that was just with Frontier 4.2). While the popularity of JavaScript has skyrocketed, the tools are still nearly non-existent.

Maybe someday that line that we're both in will be long enough that it'll actually happen? I'm keeping my fingers crossed.