scriptingNews outline for 5/16/99

Author:Dave Winer

SunWorld: Scripting Across Frontiers. "If you work with Web applications, you owe yourself the opportunity to see how Frontier can benefit you."

XML For Preferences. A posting to the XML-DEV list summarizing our recent work on preferences authoring in XML.

Please clone our XML-based preferences system, as widely as possible. It's just storage.

NY Times: New Investors, Beguiled by the Web.

Suck: "We've seen the future of music, and it looks a lot like a Gap commercial."

SJ Merc: Valley Long on Ideas, Short on Management.

Red Herring: Startups Aren't for Everybody.

MSNBC: More Tech Firms Embrace Linux.

Search for extraterrestrial intelligence at home.