Transitioning from 4.2 to 6.0

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/17/1999; 9:10:06 AM
Topic:netFrontier on 6.0

Eric, here's the deal.

As far as I know, netFrontier didn't make the transition to 5.0. Preston was on a long trip while we were shipping. Then something happened, not sure what, and he dropped out of the Frontier world. I think he still reads messages here, hopefully he'll chime up and help you out.

However it seems if something were to happen with netFrontier from here, I imagine other people would have to take it over. Also WebEdit is a poor man's version that works across Macs and Windows machines, a necessity in the cross-platform world of 5.0 and above.

TCPCMD is alive and well. And Frontier has lots of built-in TCP support. There's been a lot of progress in Internetworking.

Anyway, welcome back! Post your questions, this will be interesting, a transition from 4.2 to 6.0. You get a much better ODB browser and the outliner now has wrapping headlines.

What kinds of things do you use Frontier for?