netFrontier on 5.x

Topic:netFrontier on 6.0

Dave said...

As far as I know, netFrontier didn't make the transition to 5.0.

From netFrontier's web page... <http://siolibrary.ucsd.edu/Preston/scripting/netFrontier/>

New for Frontier 5 users:

To download choose the Frontier application as a helper after clicking this link NetFrontier 2.2b4 (Posted April 7, 1998) Note: This page ealier pointed to 2.2b5 which was an error, 2.2b4 is the latest version

This version requires Frontier 5.0.2b6 or later and root update 57 or later.

Now cross platform inetd server

So I guess the question becomes... Are there differences between Frontier 5 and 6 that might prevent netFrontier from functioning? Probably the best way to find out is to give it a try!

Erin: Although I think you'll be on your own if there are problems. Errr... at least no support from Preston. Others here or on the mail lists may be able to help out.

Toodle-loooooooo.........
Thomas