DG Indexing Problem (argh)

Author:David Glenn
Posted:5/17/1999; 5:47:45 PM
Topic:DG Indexing Problem (argh)

I'd been through all the indexing/searching tutorials for Discussion Groups, but I couldn't get a new topic to be indexed. I traced it to this, the "supportsIndexing" entry under user.databases.htmlInterfaces had a space after it "supportsIndexing ". IMHO you should definitely consider trimming spaces from specific commands like this (left and right trimmed when the actual entry is made). This was an unnecessarily frustrating hour and a half.

Another problem on the way to DG indexing, I broke (illegal instruction) frontier after adding an htmlInterfaces entry to user.databases -without- a com entry and with UNC names for the f entry (ie. "//Place/here/"). I had to hack the frontier.root file and fix the UNC names so I could open it then delete the whole htmlInterfaces entry. Ick.

dave