Re: Never demo on a development server

Author:John Foster
Posted:5/22/1999; 2:31:07 PM
Topic:Never demo on a development server

Actually whether it's a dev server or a live server doesn't matter. What really matters are two things (which I think are both in "demo'ing for fun...): 1. Always demo in a controlled environment. 2. Have an "out" available. That out could be another server with the same demo on it or another complete machine ready to go with a switch of the flick. The biggest problem that I encounter often is that my demo will run on a development machine but not on the traget plateform. It's really easy to forget all the elements of a project when moving it somewhere else. Thus is the rule....test...test...test...test...test.