Re: CMS or Opportunity Platform?

Author:Mark Staben
Posted:5/22/1999; 2:54:47 PM
Topic:Things we learned from BucksWoodside.Com

Dave,

I would just like to say that the features Jim speaks of are _very_ important to me as well. In fact I sold a number of people on Frontier were I work with the promise that it would be true "groupware" in short order. This was when the release of the WebDAV client was imminent (almost a year ago). In fact I could sell at least another 3 or four (probably a whole lot more than that...) licenses tomorrow if I could promise these folks they would be able to manage content submitted by multiple authors (ideally through a web interface) and rendered to our UNIX platforms.

Just to clarify, I'm not really a frontier "hacker" - I don't have the time or the skills to cook up my own solutions in the form of suites or complicated scripts. I use frontier to manage content with a lot of the tools supplied by userland and the community but I would really like to scale that up to where everthing doesn't have to involve me importing or pasting things into my gdb's and then manually rendering them out to the server.

Thanks for listening.