Editing styled text in text areas...

Topic:Editing styled text in text areas...

Hello all,

I know there has been some talk here and there about text areas that can handle styled text in web forms. As far as I've been able to pick up there wasn't a solution in hand yet. The last I recall there was a call to the browser makers to include this feature.

I wonder if we need to wait for the browser makers? Can we use a java app to address this need now. And if the browser makers get to it then fine.

I'm not into java apps at all. But I did go looking for a potential solution. I found this page on the web. <http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/apprev/ar6.editor.html>. Sounds like this might get us part of the way there. The only problem is, I couldn't track down the source or an example of the app to see how it works.

Of course someone who is into java would have to take on this project.

For my needs, I would need the following features.

   wysiwyg editing

works on both Macs and PCs

works in both Netscape and IE

appears as a normal text area would in a form

some kind of translation so that the styled text is stored in html when the form is processed.

These features would be a great start!
Toodle-looooooooo.........
Thomas