Re: Java VNC, Apache, firewalls and technography

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:5/26/1999; 11:06:15 PM
Topic:Java VNC, Apache, firewalls and technography

VNC port numbers are 5800+ display number for html/java client 5900+ display number for vnc client 6000+ display number for the xwindows part of the server. (on unix)

They use standard tcp connections. I'd bet that they can be proxied if so desired, but I'm not an expert on that sort of thing. (I've done the filtering side, just not the proxies). You know with a bit of source, it shouldn't be too hard to hack in a port preference to something that tends to get through FW's. Then again, it might piss off certain firewall admins if vnc suddenly uses the http port.

eric