Re: Tool for comparing (GNU diff request)

Author:Eric Soroos
Posted:5/26/1999; 11:14:09 PM
Topic:Tool for comparing two roots?

I don't think it exists as a frontier DLL (yet?), but I'd really like to see a GNU diff like facility in frontier. If it does exist, by all means point me at it.

e.g. extensions.diff(@one,@two) returns the diff of the contents of the addresses, coerced to string if necessary.

And of course, the natural evolution is to stick that as the callback for table.visit. It could be used to record changes due to webedit checkins, and with the proper patch routine, the changes could be undone.

I think this could be almost as useful as regex.

eric