Authoring XML in Frontier

Author:Dave Winer
Posted:5/27/1999; 7:54:01 AM
Topic:Site-storage of the future

Can someone point me to docs on how to author XML in Frontier? I really want to do more there, but it's not clear to me how to get the information in there.

There's not that much to it.

1. Create a new outline.

2. Enter XML text.

Then, the next question is, what do you want to do with the XML text?

An idea

We might try a little project together. How about rewriting the navbar macro so that it accepted a navbar in XML?

The advantage would be it would render much more quickly, which is important for dynamic sites. An example, the DaveNet site.

What would we call this macro? xNavBar?