Confused by new file attachments in DG...

Topic:Confused by new file attachments in DG...

Hello all,

I've been checking out the new attach files stuff that was added in the last mainResponder update. I have to say I'm a bit confused about the new features use.

It looks as though any binary files that are attached to messages are stored in the file system. For my needs, I'd like the binary to be attached to the message in the ODB. It also seems that the message to which the file was "attached" isn't aware in anyway of the stored binary file. Is msgReader aware of these files out there in the file system?

It seems the new attach file feature set is geared towards a place to deposit binaries that an administrator might look at, approve, move into final position kind of scenario. Is my impression correct?

Thanks,

Toodle-looooooo.......
Thomas