Feature for Discuss

Author:Dave Polaschek
Posted:5/28/1999; 9:21:43 AM
Topic:Feature for Discuss

Would it be possible to have a feature (configurable in your preferences, most likely) to have the discussion board software send me an email when someone responds to a post I've made? The reason I ask is that I sometimes "lose" replies when I'm out of town, or busy working on a project. With an email, I can at least file it away for when I get time, and have a reminder sitting there in my email program. As it stands, it sometimes takes me a couple weeks to dig back far enough to find a good reply, and by the time I respond to it, everyone else is done with the topic.

The email wouldn't have to be fancy. Just something like:

There has been a reply to your posting with the subject "Feature for Discuss"
It is at http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$37523

Does it make sense, or am I insane this morning (never want to rule out the possibility)?

-DaveP