Editorial Systems for Websites

Author:Christoph Pingel
Posted:6/1/1999; 6:48:50 AM
Topic:Editorial Systems for Websites

Now that we finished our Frontier based editorial system that I 'announced' with this screenshot, I was told that there is a very good system available 'out of the box' which lots of media firms in Germany are using: It's called Imperia, runs on UNIX and NT, and is developped in PERL. But this is not the only competitor.

I'd be interested to know more about the following questions:

- As Content Management People using Frontier, who are our competitors (like Imperia, StoryServer, LinoPress, etc.)?

- What features do they deliver?

- Is there a common sense about the features an editorial system should have? Which are they?

- As I see it, flexibility is *the* big plus for Frontier. We do the things no 'out of the box' solution will provide. Any other?

I think this could be an interesting discussion, helping us to know the market we're in and perhaps shaping a kind of perceivable "product identity" for ourselves and our customers.